<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d21057282\x26blogName\x3dscottishdailyphoto\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://scottishdailyphoto.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://scottishdailyphoto.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8597675068175549561', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, February 15, 2006


Spring is on the way. This shot from Leith Links shows the view up towards town, happily obscured by the first buds of spring. Is it me, or is this really early?

10 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

You are right Ewan, it does seem terribly early for Scotland, but the weather (and thus the season when the flora is developing) seems to be totally mixed up everywhere lately.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I left one measly pale yellow crocus in my garden at hoem. Here in NZ the autumn has begun - as it's the equivalent of August that seems early too, but it's been very hot and dry.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Sorry - should also have said I think this is a great photo!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Denton said...

A great photo. I love the colors, composition, and lighting. Did you lay on the ground to get this angle?

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger 3rdfloor20 said...

It is a beautiful composition. The bit of gold on the grass on the left really make it all balance out.

We've got a bit of a thaw here in Stuttgart, but the folks in Bavaria are having record snowfall. They can't shovel it off there roofs fast enough.

Rob

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Andreea said...

great photo. am curious as well - did you lay on the ground while taking it?

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Ewan McIntosh said...

Lying down on Leith Links.... I don't think so. Even though most dog owners scoop the poop I wouldn't risk it. I knelt on the ground and crossed my fingers I got the angle right. There's another 20 photos that I mucked up or which are beautiful in other ways ;-)

Can you see my knee on the left of the photo? No time to crop.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Anne said...

beautiful shot!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Marco Polo said...

posted by Ewan McIntosh @ 2:07 AM Well, I'd say that's pretty early... ;-)

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Ewan McIntosh said...

It's 'cos I haven't got my Google time sorted out. Thinks I live in Mountain View, I reckon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home